my sweet peach

my sweet peach

Saturday, April 14, 2012

A new baby, a blessing...

When we started this week, Monday April 9 we had a family of four. 2 boys, 2 girls...and one dog. Tuesday our lives changed as we embraced a new life into the world. Tuesday at 1106 am, Tate Declan MacDougall was born to Sean and Asheley MacDougall. Joining brother Teighan and sister Takoda.
Starting this journey was a bumpy road as I had a very rough first trimester bleeding for the first 13 weeks, and so sick with traditional morning sickness and my other GI issues. When I, we made it to 20 weeks I decided I did not want to find out the sex of our baby. It didn't really matter anyway since at home we had a boy and a girl. I just wanted to know that baby was healthy, after all my early complications. Baby was, so healthy and unphased by what was going on with me.
I know people have questioned this pregnancy, but for those of you who know me I truely wanted another baby, for a long time. If I hadn't had csections I would have more even now, and he is only 4 days old! Don't judge me. I am blessed to have a very amazing husband who really loves and gets me, also to be blessed to have the ability to have healthy and (I'm biased) beautiful children. We do good together, we make a good team, a sometimes lonely team but maybe that is what has made the journey that much sweeter.
So no this wasn't an oops baby, not a surprise, but an adventure planned with careful precision and skill if I may say so myself. God had his hands. In this work too! To not believe that is just, silly.
So anyway, What's in a Name? We had a list of names, like 10 or so for boys, maybe 7 for girls. So many ideas flying around in our heads, and with the surprise of the birth...waiting to see if we were having a boy or girl, names got less important at least in the delivery room, or operating room in our case.
We were asked not to bring anything except us and the camera, so silly us left our list of names in the car. We talked about a handful of names after he was born, the problem when you aren't sure what you are having is that your not sure what name to pick, we just wanted it to be a strong name either way boy or girl. It was hard don't get me wrong, a blessing and lovely surpirse when Sean announced he, was a boy! I loved that he got to say it and not the doctors, of course they asked us gave us that option.
Anyway, I digress. We at first decided Taggart. We had the name on our list and liked it, but it wasn't our number one. After we talked a lot, we decided that Tate fit him much better. So on Friday April 13, 2012 we called and texted and told our friends that we had originally told that his name is Tate.
If we were to go down this road once again, I think I would find out what I was having, only to save me a headache in the name game, as it is a very important and stressful part of the journey. What is in a Name, a rose that smells so sweet?
Mommy and baby are doing well, mommy is a little emotional, as to be expected I suppose...with not sleeping and up all night :) missing my role as primary care giver. A good friend told me to change my view, my outlook. Instead of thinking that I am missing out, think that I am giving in, to what is most important right now and taking care of myself and him, since Sean doesn't have the boobies...
I have a wonderful and amazing husband, who else would help their wife wash after a csection, and help wash their private areas? I suppose there are a few of us lucky ones and I am blessed to be one :)
So I'm not sure how much I will be blogging now, I am super busy and am not sleeping, but I will check in from time to time...have to update Tate's growth and Sean's antics as he had me laughing, yes laughing so hard last night for nothing. I was crying begging him to leave to stop cause it really really hurts! But at least we can still laugh together, at each other and with each other.
Hugs, love and kisses from now a family of 5 :)

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love the name Tate, it was on my boys list too! So was Declan, too funny! The best to all FIVE of you!

    ReplyDelete