my sweet peach

my sweet peach

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers Day

SO 7am...I wake up after going to bed at 1am not too bad considering I do have a 1mo old.  He slept really well last night, he also nursed for an hour and a half, and I offered him 50ml of breastmilk cause he seemed fussy.  This is not the case at all, he just prefers the boob to a pacifier, although he will accept a finger, either the pinkie(Sean's) or the ring finger(mine) as a far off second.  So he slept, he should have, he probably had 4oz at least in his belly.
So back to waking up, I found my Mothers Day cards for my mom and my MIL last night and signed them and put them for Sean to sign if he wanted to.  Didnt know if he got cards or not, but as I was nursing T3 this morning, I heard scratching(like a pen on paper) so I figured he remembered.  I pretended I didnt hear this, somewhat expecting a card shortly...but I didnt get one. 
I mentioned the cards for the MIL's and he said he got one for his mom so I went back to my focus at hand a little one latched for dear life onto my nipple.  I then heard him say the kids, we didnt get cards from the kids.  I said have them make some.  So he went downstairs and had them make theirs.
Still waiting and wondering, I finished and got dressed.  T came up giving me my card from them, and said I looked pretty and Happy Mothers Day.  We all went to breakfast, which was delicious and probably enough calories for the whole day.  Then we ventured to the mall to pick up the mothers day presents I had ordered for the moms, and friends in my life, pictures of the kids, all of them :)
When we finally got back home, we Sean and I were standing in our bedroom and I realized that I didnt get a card from him, so something prompted him to say something about buying something(I dont remember what exactly).  So I said kiddingly seriously...Kiddingly :) Hi honey, xoxoxo, did you get me a card too?  Oh, honey, he followed me into the bathroom as I was going to use the bathroom and said, whispering in my ear "I found those in my drawer...from last year".  OH, ok you are off the hook, so you didnt just forget me, you totally forgot, and just got lucky that you had a mom and mommy one for me and your mom.  OK, phew, I thought for a minute he just forgot his wife, that just had a baby, and well broke doctors orders already, well quite a few times for quite a few things, I dont listen very well.  I suppose this is why my children dont listen very well either, lead by example they say...
Anyway, he then said, as I am sitting on the toliet, that he DID get me a card, it was a pop up, and all I had to do is pull the zipper to get it...LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment