my sweet peach

my sweet peach

Monday, September 10, 2012

Blogging...and grammer.

Blogging. Writing. Sean and I were talking, well I was talking he was listening. And laughing. He laughs at me a lot. Or should I say I make him laugh. Well I make myself laugh too.

I tell stories. Sometimes I finish them sometimes I start another one in the middle of the first and so on.

My mind is bouncy like Koda's curls. I said this one before too. My mind is busy. Busy is an understatement. I have a thousand thoughts a minute and usually they don't flow into another.

He said I should write a book. It would be funny. I laugh a lot when I'm with other people" I make other people laugh too, not a comedian like Ellen. She is my favorite. I like to watch her at 3/1500 so I can catch her monologue. Is that what her solo stand up is called? She is hilarious. I laugh. It's good.

My mom makes me laugh too. I love my mom, although she drives me crazy(all of the time) some of the best laughs I have had have been with her. Actually thinking about it, some of my best laughs, tears rolling down my cheeks, almost pee in my pants laughs have been with the people I love the most.

Anyway back to blogging, or writing. I did not do well in English. I actually completely avoided taking English in college. I took the first two years which were mandatory. I got b's.  Not too bad, but in high school I got...I don't remember. I passed though I was happy about that. After my first two years, I took anything that 'fit' the English literature criteria but wasn't actually English. I took Russian Woman's literature, Greek and Roman mythology...nothing remotely related to grammar and English.

I will be okay when it comes to Science. I was good in science. Okay in math. Not in English, my poor kids. My husband is a mirrored dyslexic(although the only college grad in this house and a pretty smart guy if I say so :)). He reads like crazy and it doesn't seem to affect him anymore except he still seems to add a letter here and there where it doesn't belong, but me, boy...I'm a mess. They will not do well in English if they have to come to me. Thank goodness for spell check!

I have been reading more, now that the kids are back in school. More blogs, and more books. I am noticing that there is a space between the paragraphs. It is Soooooo much easier to read these blogs. So I said something to my hubby tonight. I said that I read a few of my friends blogs and there so much easier to read, I hope they don't get upset like I'm stealing they're style. This extra space between paragraphs.

He said why, cause your posts are like a run on sentence...I said no(what is he criticizing me?) They are just hard to follow(I know this I have trouble re-reading them before I post). He said yes, like one continuous thought. Unfortunately that is me...

He said honey, that is how you are supposed to write. It's not plagiarism. It's correct grammar. They wont be mad.

So. I'm not stealing a style of writing, apparently I was doing it all wrong. Like my blog. Not about one particular event at a time, but numerous events rolled into one continuous thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment