my sweet peach

my sweet peach

Friday, September 28, 2012

Shoes.

Shoes are a necessary part of our wardrobe. I always find myself looking at other peoples shoes. Sometimes wondering why the personal trainer at the gym who I know has a huge following and group workouts insists on wearing beat up old hole-y tennis shoes while doing his work out. I also wonder why the mom wore platform pumps to a school movie night but life goes on. She can rock them, I can not.

Sean got his super-fancy-handmade-especially-for-each-foot boots last Friday. He was not home to get them. He left that morning and they came late in the afternoon. When he called, he asked, "did my package get there yet?" "Yes honey, they did". He got home tonight. After surprising me with flowers, that were originally given to his boss and she said she didn't want them and for him to give them to me...and helping me get the baby down he came downstairs and found his boots.

Now let me give you a little history about these boots first.

Last year when we went to the Renn Fest he decided to go into the booth, a little before closing. We were a little beyond sober...Oh wait. I was preggo...so I wasn't drunk, I was exhausted, but maybe making poor judgement calls anyway.

Now we spent a good long time in this booth talking to the leathermen, he tried on a couple different pair and looked at me with those big puppy dog eyes, 'PpppPPlease". "Ok, honey, if you really want them." He had been talking about them for a very long time, trying on a pair at the first or second fest we ever went to. So He got his legs taped up, measured, it took an hour. At least. Tnt were running around, and I was exhausted and it was HOT, and HUMID, but mostly HOT!

So we finished the taping, and measuring and talking and trying on and they said they boots would be ready in a year.

WHAT? wait, WHAT, did you just say a year? Are you grooming the cow special for these boots. Wait that was messed up, but really...

OK, so we gave our deposit, and waited. He got emails, and emailed back, and sent more money, and waited, and waited, and occasionally would remind me of these shoes boots that were coming.

So last week he got an email saying the boots were almost done and would be here next week. They came last Friday.

He has them on. They are pretty cool, but ugly...kinda like uggs. Have a bunch of fur in the inside, seem pretty comfy, he will wear them everywhere just like he wears his 5 finger toe shoes.


So I said I want a pair of Jimmy Choos(just cause of the cost and time...), but then decided against that onto a pair of Christian Louboutin, the ones with the red soles...I found the perfect pair, I could wear in bed...cause there is no way I could ever walk in them, probably would break my ankle and back even trying.
C'mon, theyre hot right..??
I prefer these though...
much more my style, if I gotta pick some shoes :)
Other wise Ill choose bare feet or flip flops!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment